Wednesday, March 2, 2016

BON VOYAGE PARTY

Upon returning to our home in Las Vegas in January, we had yet another list of things to accomplish in preparation to leave Las Vegas and live on Pairadice for the next 8 months. There were doctor visits, banking arrangements, spread sheets, taxes, lots of packing and much more. My most favorite was planning and executing our Bon Voyage Party.  I used e-vites for the first time. That was very efficient and allowed me to up date my digital address book. Retirement allowed me to spend time with my new best friend. My son's baby, Patches (a 2 year old Petite Boston Terrier). She was also quite helpful with the household chores and became John's best drinking buddy. She loved spending time with Papa and watching Ellen with Grama. She was just delightful to have around.

I spent several days prepping and it all paid off. The party came off great!!! Approximately 60 of our best friends and family turned up for the event. Even several friends from Nebraska, Colorado and Utah. Our kids, grandchildren, brothers, sisters, best friends, neighbors, and the like. It's safe to say... A wonderful time was had by all! 






Some photos for your viewing pleasure...




Tracey and Annie
Tracey and Granddaughter Kenzi




The crazy girls! Gwyn, Kathy and Cindy

Sam and Tracey


I had forgotten how difficult it is to host a party with that many people! It was to give everyone equal time and I regret not assigning someone as photo wrangler.

Please forgive me if you don't find any pictures of yourselves.  And if you took any picutres, please send them to me via email or text so I can archive them. 

This party was a very important event for us and we thank everyone for attending and the heartfelt cards and gifts!  Your friendships and memories created over the years are very special! And we won't be needing to stock the liquor cabinet anytime soon....

Vickie And Pat

Tracey and Shelby

Tracey and brother John

Granddaughter Taytem
The Taco Ladies 



Mike, Bill and John

John and Tyrone
The Girls: Sherry, Cindy, Charlene, Gwynith, Julie, Shelby












Clark and Kandi


What a fantastic send off !!!  Many thanks to all our friends and family ! We Love You

The Die Hards

No comments: